Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

sfbloo
Frequent Visitor

Get Data from Gerrit REST API available over HTTP - cannot authentificate

Hi,

I am trying to get data from the json returned when calling the Gerrit rest api endpoint.

When doing a GET request from a REST client, the response is correctly returning the json.

The gerrit server is in a corporate network, but I am connected to the same when trying to get data.

Please see below screenshots for the same:

powerBI_Auth.pngI have tried authentification with Organizational account and Basic, but no success.

Please advise how I can proceed.

EDIT: Tested from postman and seems like the mozilla extension was using my cached HTTP password.

From postman I was only able to successfully send a GET request using Digest Auth.

Is Digest Authentification supported in any way from Power Bi?

3 REPLIES 3
sfbloo
Frequent Visitor

Solution was actually pretty straight forward:

Get Data> Web > Advanced > URL part (the api link) > HTTP request header parameters: Authorization Digest option

EDIT: Was happy to get the data in the query editor, but as soon as I wanted to apply the changes I was prompted for the credentials again. Using Anonymous connection is not working.

Please advise.

Hi @sfbloo,

We are currently looking into this issue and will give you an update as soon as possible. Thank you for your understanding and support.

Best Regards,
Angelia

Hello,

I am still struggling with the Digest authentification, any updates on the same? 

A few more details, the issue from the refresh is that in the Header of the authentification I have added a nounce (required for the digest authentification) which expires. I need to be able to capture the nounce that the server sends in the response header in case of HTTP 401, so that I can re-construct the Header for the request.

Currently, I am trying to handle the HTTP 401 code, as per the following:

let
Source = Web.Contents(URL, [Headers=[Authorization="Digest username=""USERNAME"", realm=""REALM"", nonce=""NOUNCE"", uri=""URI"", qop=auth, nc=, cnonce="""", response=""RESPONSE"", opaque="""""],
ManualStatusHandling={401}]),
ResponseMeta = Value.Metadata(Source),
ResponseStatus = ResponseMeta[Response.Status]
in
ResponseStatus

However the responseStatus comes back as null, while it should be 401 code. All the reponse fileds are also null.

Any suggestions how I can achive my goal of using Digest authentification?

Thank you.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.