Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Callum_Bradburn

Get Data Button

On the online version of PBI - the Get Data button has dissapeared.

Does anyone know how i can import data another way?

3 REPLIES 3
v-jingzhang
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Callum_Bradburn 

Thank you for using Power BI! Power BI is a continuously updated service and it will bring new updates monthly. So some experiences may be different due to the updates.  

We are in the process of removing the older ‘Get Data’ page in the Power BI service in favorite of new, comparable features available within workspaces. The change that will remove the entry points to the old ‘Get Data’ page, which is shown before reference, will be slowly rolling out during the month of January. Going forward, you’ll be able to access comparable features within workspaces.

This is a new update just announced in last month's update blog: Power BI December 2022 Feature Summary | Microsoft Power BI Blog. You can find new experience guidance for "Get Data" in Power BI Service from Upcoming changes to the ‘Get Data’ experience in the Power BI Service section in that blog.

Hope this helps!

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Jing
If this post helps, please Accept it as Solution to help other members find it.

jdbuchanan71
Super User
Super User

@Callum_Bradburn 

I don't use the online get data but did they maybe move it?  I am seeing New > Dataset in the service.

jdbuchanan71_0-1674483869374.png

I would reccomend using PowerBI desktop to develop reports though.

Thanks @jdbuchanan71 
Yeah that seems to be the best way moving forward, although now i see that you can't upload macro's enabled excel workbook but there is always a work around for that.
Unfortunately i run a macbook so use the online version.
Thanks again for you help though

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.