Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find everything you need to get certified on Fabric—skills challenges, live sessions, exam prep, role guidance, and more. Get started

WallyWallWal
Helper I
Helper I

Gauge visualization not functioning as intended

Hello!  Newbie here... and first posting!!  

I am trying to get the Gauge visualization to work and am having issues.  I read how to get the total count so that it displays.  

What I am running into is using two charts, and when clicking on one line of my bar chart, the gauge just gives me the total of that bar, not a count of the total.  Looking for any help and/or suggestions!  I was expecting to see 76 of 2185, but didn't get that.  Thank you for the help!

image 1.jpgimage 2.jpgimage 3.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yulgu-msft
Microsoft Employee
Microsoft Employee

Hi @WallyWallWal,

Please create two measures similar to:

Actual value = SUM(Table[Sales])

Total of all = CALCULATE(SUM(Table[Sales]),ALL(Table))

Add [Actual value] to 'Value' section of Gauge, add [Total of all] to 'Maximum value' section.

1.PNG

Best regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-yulgu-msft
Microsoft Employee
Microsoft Employee

Hi @WallyWallWal,

Please create two measures similar to:

Actual value = SUM(Table[Sales])

Total of all = CALCULATE(SUM(Table[Sales]),ALL(Table))

Add [Actual value] to 'Value' section of Gauge, add [Total of all] to 'Maximum value' section.

1.PNG

Best regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-yulgu-msft If I wanted to change this to a percentage, how do I go about doing that?  Thanks.

Thanks, @v-yulgu-msft!  This truly helped me out and understand how to create the gauge display correctly.  Appreciate the help!

Helpful resources

Announcements
July 2024 Power BI Update

Power BI Monthly Update - July 2024

Check out the July 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

PBI_Carousel_NL_June

Fabric Community Update - June 2024

Get the latest Fabric updates from Build 2024, key Skills Challenge voucher deadlines, top blogs, forum posts, and product ideas.

Top Solution Authors