Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find everything you need to get certified on Fabric—skills challenges, live sessions, exam prep, role guidance, and more. Get started

Yagevendra
Helper IV
Helper IV

Formatting of values in power bi stacked column chart tooltip

Issue Description: -
We have formatted the Y axis values in stacked column chart to display in millions by adjusting the Y axis setting. However, we are facing difficulty in formatting the values within the default tooltip to also reflect the millions format with the "M" suffix.

Workarounds attempted:-
1 - We created a separate measure "tooltip display" with the "M suffix and use it in the tooltip, But this resulted in the original number values not being greyed out.
2 - Enabling data labels worked as expected, but the default tooltip values remained in number format.

Desired Outcome - I am seeking a workaround or solution to display values in million with the "M" suffix in the default tooltip of the stacked column chart.

Measure Used -
Y axis measure - sum(table(duration)/1000000

Tooltip display measure - format([Y axis measure],"#,##0.0") & "M"

Please find below screenshot for reference.

Yagevendra_0-1701684131560.png

I kindly request any assistance in achieving this desired outcome.

2 REPLIES 2
Fowmy
Super User
Super User

@Yagevendra 

Add two commas before the decimal dot

Tooltip display measure - format([Y axis measure],"#,##0,,.0") & "M"
Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! and hit thumbs up

Subscribe and learn Power BI from these videos

Website LinkedIn PBI User Group

@Fowmy , Thanks for the reply, But this won't solve my issue. As my desired outptut is
"Display values in million with the "M" suffix in the default tooltip of the stacked column chart".
As i don't want to create separate measure for tooltip as original values still in numbers.

Helpful resources

Announcements
July 2024 Power BI Update

Power BI Monthly Update - July 2024

Check out the July 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors