Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

GJUDGE
Helper II
Helper II

Formatting a Matrix

Hi, 

How can I format the matrix like the one below in Power BI so that all rows relating to a product have a different background and font colour?

Thanks,

GJUDGE_0-1633681873931.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hello there @GJUDGE ! Unfortunately Power BI does not allow us to change the backgroung colour of rows in a matrix (other than with the conditional formating). As such, the solution provided by @PowerBI_guy  is the only work around so far. 

If this is a feature that you consider to be crucial in one of the next Power BI updates, please upvote this idea.

For additional help, please @ me in your reply!

You can also check out my LinkedIn!

Best regards,
Gonçalo Geraldes

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
PowerBI_guy
Advocate I
Advocate I

You could do this with a measure, though you would have to apply it to each metric within the matrix.

Colour Background =

VAR _CAT = SELECTEDVALUE(Product[Product Value])

return

IF(
_CAT="Product A","#E2EFDA",
IF(
_CAT="Product B","#FCE4D6",
"#D9E1F2"))

There may well be better ways, but off the top of my head, this would do the job.

goncalogeraldes
Super User
Super User

Hello there @GJUDGE ! You can format the row headers for your matrix in the "Row Headers" options on the formating pane, like in the image below:

goncalogeraldes_0-1633682731196.png

Hope this answer solves your problem!
If you need any additional help please @ me in your reply.
If my reply provided you with a solution, please consider marking it as a solution ✔️ or giving it a kudoe 👍
Thanks!

Best regards,
Gonçalo Geraldes

@goncalogeraldes Sorry if my original question wasn't clear, but I need it to look like the following:

GJUDGE_0-1633683217203.png

Hello there @GJUDGE ! Unfortunately Power BI does not allow us to change the backgroung colour of rows in a matrix (other than with the conditional formating). As such, the solution provided by @PowerBI_guy  is the only work around so far. 

If this is a feature that you consider to be crucial in one of the next Power BI updates, please upvote this idea.

For additional help, please @ me in your reply!

Best regards,
Gonçalo Geraldes

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.