Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Balaji1414
Frequent Visitor

Fixed column width

Hi All, I have a matrix with four columns, when at the input side user changes the column name the width of the column is changing automatically, for this i have used "REPT" function to fix the column width. when the user edits the column name first time the width is not changing but when it repeats(column name editing multiple times) the column width is changing, can  anyone help with this? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Balaji1414 

According to my test,

1. When the "auto-size" of "column headers" is off, the column will keep its length, which won't change automatically.
  2. When the new data is added the first time, the column would fit its width automatically. 
  3. First set "word wrap" on, then set "auto-size" off, it would satisfy your scenario.

Ailsamsft_0-1630636214443.png

You can have a try .

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
ArieKanarie
Regular Visitor

Why isn't it possible to just set the column width as fixed with the number of caracters in the formatting pane? Would make my life a whole lot easier and would save me a lot of time using work arounds like column width measures (REPT..)

v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Balaji1414 

According to my test,

1. When the "auto-size" of "column headers" is off, the column will keep its length, which won't change automatically.
  2. When the new data is added the first time, the column would fit its width automatically. 
  3. First set "word wrap" on, then set "auto-size" off, it would satisfy your scenario.

Ailsamsft_0-1630636214443.png

You can have a try .

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

This person is not correct.
The settings work for currently visible columns, for example Column years: 2022 and 2023.  If 2021 were added as a 3rd column via a selector, then the 3rd column has no defaults and is usually truncated.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.