Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

yfquirogah
Helper I
Helper I

Filters with visualization

Hi guys,

I'm working on a dashborad and while using it I realized something I'm not sure how to fix.

So, I have 2 graphics: The firstone is a donut chart which divides the population by gender and shows me the amount on each one and the porcentage, and the second one, which is a column chart, shows the amount by group.

Captura1.JPGCaptura2.JPG

This two charts are connected to basically the same data base and are on the same dashboard.

The problem, or what I want to try to change is, for example, when I select female option directly on the first chart the second one changes accordingly and shows me the amount of females on each one of the groups, which its ok, but when I try it the other way around (to select any group on the second chart), the fisrt one shows me the % on each gender from the total original value, not the amount on the group selected.

If I select the group 0-IV which has 0,3k population I want to see in the donunt chart the porcentage of each gender out of those 0,3k, not the total amount.

Any idea on how could I do this? Is it even possible?

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
nickyvv
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @yfquirogah

this is certainly possible. I think you should have a look at the visual interactions of your visuals and set them to the right properties.

There are 3 options between visuals, if the selected visualization should:

• cross-filter one of the other visualizations on the page, select the filter icon in the upper right corner of that visualization 
  • cross-highlight one of the other visualizations on the page, select the highlight icon
  • have no impact on one of the other visualizations on the page, select the no impact icon

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Blog: nickyvv.com | @NickyvV

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
nickyvv
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @yfquirogah

this is certainly possible. I think you should have a look at the visual interactions of your visuals and set them to the right properties.

There are 3 options between visuals, if the selected visualization should:

• cross-filter one of the other visualizations on the page, select the filter icon in the upper right corner of that visualization 
  • cross-highlight one of the other visualizations on the page, select the highlight icon
  • have no impact on one of the other visualizations on the page, select the no impact icon

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Blog: nickyvv.com | @NickyvV

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.