Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Razorbx13
Post Patron
Post Patron

Filtering Across Tables

I have three tables with employee name, and in my report three different pages based on these tables with various visuals.  On the primary page I have a filter set on the "Filter on All Pages" for employee name, with the field coming from Table 1.  When I select an employee though it only filters the visuals associated with Table 1, not the two other tables.  Why is this and how can I troubleshoot the filter it is passing into the other visuals?  And I already checked the interactions.  Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Razorbx13 I think tht is the key, you have to set relationship between these tables and if relationship is set up correctly, it will all flow thru.

Would appreciate Kudos 🙂 if my solution helped.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
parry2k
Super User
Super User

@Razorbx13 what is the relationship between these 3 tables? How they are related?

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂

Well I did not join them together in any at this time, which could be the problem.  I just thought that the filter would be passed into any visual that had the associated field with the exact field name in it.  If indeed I need to create a join for these tables, or use a "RELATEDTABLE" command to bring in the employee name, I can do that.  If that is the case, I would assume creating a Dimension table based on Employee and joining to the fact tables would accomplish this, no?

@Razorbx13 I think tht is the key, you have to set relationship between these tables and if relationship is set up correctly, it will all flow thru.

Would appreciate Kudos 🙂 if my solution helped.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.