Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find everything you need to get certified on Fabric—skills challenges, live sessions, exam prep, role guidance, and more. Get started

Saloni
Helper I
Helper I

Filter

Is it possible to filter data through a row? I have a column containing 60 dates and another 10 columns containing data from different companies. Can I create an area chart/line chart and filter which companies I want to see in the visual?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-ljerr-msft
Microsoft Employee
Microsoft Employee

Hi @Saloni,

If I understand you correctly, you may need to use the Unpivot option in Query Editor to unpivot the 10 columns which contains data from different companies to "Company" column and "Data Value" column first, then you should be able to use the "Company" column as filter to get your expected result. Here is an article about unpivot columns for your reference. Smiley Happy

Regards

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-ljerr-msft
Microsoft Employee
Microsoft Employee

Hi @Saloni,

If I understand you correctly, you may need to use the Unpivot option in Query Editor to unpivot the 10 columns which contains data from different companies to "Company" column and "Data Value" column first, then you should be able to use the "Company" column as filter to get your expected result. Here is an article about unpivot columns for your reference. Smiley Happy

Regards

vanessafvg
Super User
Super User

look at visual filters - click on your visual and in the right hand of your screen, under where you drag your fields too you should see a visual filter filter...  or you can put a slicer on your page, a slicer is the funnel looking object in the visuals but that will apply to all visuals then.

If I took the time to answer your question and I came up with a solution, please mark my post as a solution and /or give kudos freely for the effort 🙂 Thank you!

Proud to be a Super User!

Helpful resources

Announcements
OCT PBI Update Carousel

Power BI Monthly Update - October 2024

Check out the October 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

October NL Carousel

Fabric Community Update - October 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.