Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Filter and table not showing the same information

Heelo people, I am having a lot, A LOT, of issues, but this is the main one. I have a table which shows some info, and a fitler, with one of the table's field, and the info shown in the filter is different from tht of the table. 

eugeniaCastilla_0-1649323156425.png

A you can see in the image, co_sk_ejec_dia shows some code that is not shown in the filter!! How is this possible???? They are the exact same field!!!!!!! objects are not synchronized with anyhting else, and the only filter applied to both is: 

eugeniaCastilla_1-1649323236403.png

I repeat, the field shown in the table object and the filter is the exact same!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yangliu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi  @Anonymous ,

I created some data:

vyangliumsft_0-1649726077895.png

You can try these two aspects:

Make sure you have both cross filter turned on

Does a non-working slicer depend on an inactive relationship? If so, see if changing this relationship to Active fixes the problem

Here are the steps you can follow:

1. Create measure.

Measure =
var _1=SELECTCOLUMNS(FILTER(ALL('Table'),'Table'[group]="todos"),"1",[co_sk_ejec_dia])
return
IF(
    MAX('Table'[co_sk_ejec_dia]) in _1,1,0)

2. In the Filter for the slicer and table visuals, set is =1.

vyangliumsft_1-1649726077897.png

3. Result:

Unqualified [co_sk_ejec_dia]=3594 will be filtered out

vyangliumsft_2-1649726077898.png

Please click here for the pbix file.

If I have misunderstood your meaning, please provide your pbix file without privacy information and desired output.

Best Regards,

Liu Yang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-yangliu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi  @Anonymous ,

I created some data:

vyangliumsft_0-1649726077895.png

You can try these two aspects:

Make sure you have both cross filter turned on

Does a non-working slicer depend on an inactive relationship? If so, see if changing this relationship to Active fixes the problem

Here are the steps you can follow:

1. Create measure.

Measure =
var _1=SELECTCOLUMNS(FILTER(ALL('Table'),'Table'[group]="todos"),"1",[co_sk_ejec_dia])
return
IF(
    MAX('Table'[co_sk_ejec_dia]) in _1,1,0)

2. In the Filter for the slicer and table visuals, set is =1.

vyangliumsft_1-1649726077897.png

3. Result:

Unqualified [co_sk_ejec_dia]=3594 will be filtered out

vyangliumsft_2-1649726077898.png

Please click here for the pbix file.

If I have misunderstood your meaning, please provide your pbix file without privacy information and desired output.

Best Regards,

Liu Yang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , Not very clear. But if you have used a visual level filter on the slicer. That does not mean the table will get filtered. For that use page-level filter

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.