Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find everything you need to get certified on Fabric—skills challenges, live sessions, exam prep, role guidance, and more. Get started

Oggie
Frequent Visitor

Filter a Measure with a parameter

Hi,

I am trying to write a measure that allows me to switch between different measures, where "KPI Net Revenue Act MTD" and "KPI Net Revenue Act YTD" are the "base measures" that should be shown in this card below as the large number (using the Subtitle field). I have managed to get one measure there but want to switch it using a filter.
 Oggie_4-1716554056893.png
I have set up the following measures. 

Oggie_3-1716553957172.png

The measures are then grouped together using the Field Parameter function giving me a filter like the one below:

Oggie_0-1716553771878.png

Oggie_2-1716553905791.png

Now I am trying to write a new measure that allows me to switch based on the selected value in the filter.  Is it possible to write something like this?

----
KPI Net Revenue Act = IF(SELECTEDVALUE('KPI Comparison Net Rev'[KPI Comparison Net Rev])="MTD vs Budget",FORMAT([Net Revenue Act MTD]/1000, "# ###"),FORMAT([Net Revenue Act YTD]/1000, "# ###"))
----
The current code gives me the following error:

Oggie_5-1716554443473.png

Kind of new to Power Bi and DAX... so could be easy... 🙂 Please help!

Best regards

Stefan

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
rajendraongole1
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @Oggie  - Ensure that you have a base measure has been created,

create one more new measure as follows with selectedvalue func and add it to your card visual.

KPI Net Revenue Act =
VAR SelectedKPI = SELECTEDVALUE('KPI Comparison Net Rev'[KPI Comparison Net Rev])
RETURN
IF(
SelectedKPI = "MTD vs Budget",
FORMAT([Net Revenue Act MTD] / 1000, "# ###"),
FORMAT([Net Revenue Act YTD] / 1000, "# ###")
)

try above and let know

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate your Kudos !!

View solution in original post

I managed to solve it with your help, but I had to change the Selected value from "the composite key" to the actual field key, ie the code ended up like the following:

KPI Net Revenue Act =
VAR SelectedKPI = SELECTEDVALUE('KPI Comparison Net Rev'[KPI Comparison Net Rev Fields])
RETURN
IF(
SelectedKPI = "
'Measure groups'[KPI Net Revenue Act MTD vs Budget]
",
)

Thanks for your help!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
rajendraongole1
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @Oggie  - Ensure that you have a base measure has been created,

create one more new measure as follows with selectedvalue func and add it to your card visual.

KPI Net Revenue Act =
VAR SelectedKPI = SELECTEDVALUE('KPI Comparison Net Rev'[KPI Comparison Net Rev])
RETURN
IF(
SelectedKPI = "MTD vs Budget",
)

try above and let know

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate your Kudos !!

I managed to solve it with your help, but I had to change the Selected value from "the composite key" to the actual field key, ie the code ended up like the following:

KPI Net Revenue Act =
VAR SelectedKPI = SELECTEDVALUE('KPI Comparison Net Rev'[KPI Comparison Net Rev Fields])
RETURN
IF(
SelectedKPI = "
'Measure groups'[KPI Net Revenue Act MTD vs Budget]
",
)

Thanks for your help!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

Power BI Carousel June 2024

Power BI Monthly Update - June 2024

Check out the June 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.