Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

omi18
Frequent Visitor

Filter Pane

Hello Team,

I am trying to enable filter pane for my existing Power BI report. I followed the which are mentioned in the link.

But I did not see any Filter Pane on the report page after enabling the filter pane option. But I see on New Power BI file.

Thanks,

Omi 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Anonymous 

I've found out that you first need to enable the preview filter pane setting before you can disable it. 

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
v-juanli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @omi18 

Besides, please note:

Turn on new filters for all new reports

1. In Power BI Desktop, select File > Options and Settings > Options > Preview Features, then select the New filter experiencecheckbox.
  2. Restart Power BI Desktop to see the new filter experience in all new reports.

After you restart Power BI Desktop, it's enabled by default for all new reports you create.

Turn on new filters for an existing report

You can also enable the new filters for existing reports.

1. In Power BI Desktop in an existing report, select File > Options and Settings > Options
  2. Under Report settings, select Enable the updated filter pane, and show filters in the visual header for this report.

Best Regards

Maggie

Community Support Team _ Maggie Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-juanli-msft 

How do I disable it? I'm not going to recreate my report with the function disabled. I have 52 pages. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @DouweMeer ,

If you don't want this feature for your current pbix file then 
Go to File->Optipns->Current File
UnderFiltering experience, uncheck the first check box (Enable the updated folder pane, and show filter in the visual header for this report)

Regards,
Amit

@Anonymous 

I've found out that you first need to enable the preview filter pane setting before you can disable it. 

v-juanli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @omi18 

When i open an exsiting pbix (not a new file), i can see the "Filer panes" folded on the right.

11.png

I'm using "Version: 2.66.5376.1681 64-bit (February 2019)", please check which version you use by going to "File"->"Help"->"About".

Could you show an screenshot of what you see on your side?

Best Regards

Maggie

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @omi18 ,

This is becasue, when you enable any new feature from Power BI option setting. You need to re-start your power BI means you have to open a new Power Bi instance. Then only you can see this feature.

I think, you can re-open  your existing Power BI file, hope you can see New Filter pane experience.

Thanks,
Amit

Hello @Anonymous ,

Thank you for your reply.

I did that with my power bi report. Still I am not able to see the filter pane.  

Thanks,

Omi

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @omi18 ,

Make sure this icon is visible.

I think, once you enable this feature, you can see this in new insatnce of power Bi not on existing instance.

2019-02-15 23_17_04-.png

Whenver you enable any preview feature, you have to open a new instance of Power BI

Thanks,
Amit

Hello @Anonymous ,

Unfortunately, I am not able to see that icon on my existing report. But if I open the brand new Power BI file then It comes up. 

Thanks,

Omi

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @omi18 ,

Do one thing, You can Import the same dataset in your new power BI insatnce and you can copy the visuals from existing pbix file to new file. Then you can use that new filter pane.

Note:- You can copy the charts or nay visuals across the pbix files unless you have same dataset imported. You can't copy the measure or calculated column. You need to to create those If you are using those in any of the chart.

Thanks,
Amit

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.