Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

File connected to shared data set data showing different data

Morning everyone,

I know there was a post about this yesterday, but I was hoping there might be other suggestions out there for how to resolve this issue.

I have a published shared datasource which is refreshing and shows the following:-

Pinkybloo_1-1596009733740.png

(A count of appointments by location for the next week)

I have a Power BI desktop which uses the above as a datasource and it's showing different data:-

Pinkybloo_2-1596009813747.png

It's missing the entire first week of August.  I have no filters on this at all.  My refresh date is also different as the datasource shows the correct GMT datetime whereas the desktop is showing an hour earlier, presumably UTC.

I don't understand why it isn't showing me exactly the same as what's in the datasource.  I know there could be issues with the GMT/UTC which I can google my way around, but the underlying data I cannot!

I have republished the datasource and refreshed the desktop file but it doesn't change anything.

Does anyone know why it is doing this?  Is there a fix?  Should I just not bother with shared datasource files yet?

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6
v-lili6-msft
Community Support
Community Support

hi  @Anonymous 

Please check if all the fields in the matrix are from the same data table in the two reports?

Regards,

Lin

Community Support Team _ Lin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-lili6-msft 

Location is from the Team table and the appointment date and number of appts is from the Assignment Table.

This is the same in the dataset and the Desktop file.

tex628
Community Champion
Community Champion

Alright, let's do some checks. 

In the Power BI Desktop version, create a new blank page. Make sure that there are no report level filters active. There shouldn't be any filters affecting the data in this new page. 

Add a basic table, and add the same date dimension that is used in the pictures you posted:

image.png

Are the dates missing here as well?

/ J

Connect on LinkedIn
tex628
Community Champion
Community Champion

Have you connected to the PBI dataset directly or downloaded the .pbix file?

(If the transform data option is gray you are connected to a PBI dataset)

image.png

Connect on LinkedIn
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have connected to the PBI dataset

Pinkybloo_0-1596205853536.png

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , this really strange.

This what you have done.

1. Published a power bi dataset

2. Taken it into a pbix

3. In the visual created the dates are missing.

Just refresh and check. Create another visual on a new page. Check there is not report level filter. 

And then put all dates in a table visual from the table, not the date table. Check you have the required dates.

If you have all the required dates then add date from date table and check those are still there.

If this all fine log an issue - https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/idb-p/Issues

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.