Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

tthieme

Field Parameter Not Filtering Correctly on Matrix Visual

I am having issues with a current user requirement to make a matrix visual have dynamic rows (SLAs that are all measures) based upon the client selected. 

I have tried several different options and the closest I can get is to use a field parameter. I then used the Order that was created using a field parameter as a Metric ID. That is then linked to another table with client IDs and metric IDs and whether or not the client is using that metric.

The kicker is that when I then filter to just metrics that are used for that client, my field parameter slicer filters correctly, but my matrix visual doesnt. 

Here is how it looks with all metrics selected whether they are in use or not. 

tthieme_0-1714138804359.png

Here I have selected just in use metrics and you can see that the slicer panel filtered out correctly 2 metrics while the matrix visual kept them all. 

tthieme_1-1714138917534.png

Both visuals are using the exact same parameter field.

Any ideas how this is happening or how else to tackle the problem of dynamically filtering the matrix visual? Co worker and I have searched all over and can't find anything else trying to do this. 

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
tthieme

It looks like your solution is the same as mine. 

It changes the option in your slicer, but you still have to select the options in the slicer that you want it to populate. 

What I am looking for is the client selection to essentially do both, but really all I need is for it to change the table. I included the slicer because just to show that by changing the client I could filter the options in the slicer, but for some reason not the matrix which is using the exact same field. 

v-jingzhan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @tthieme 

This is probably due to the relationships between tables. I tried a model like below, which seems work. 

vjingzhanmsft_0-1714360143189.png

vjingzhanmsft_1-1714360187460.png

Which tables are you using related to this matrix visual? What are the relationships between them?

Best Regards,
Jing
If this post helps, please Accept it as Solution to help other members find it. Appreciate your Kudos!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.