Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

enath
Helper I
Helper I

Failed to test the connection to your data source. Please retry your credentials. sharepoint

I have a dataset with a sharepoint connection.
I try to set up a schedule refresh
but I got this error when I edite de credential.

enath_0-1659859308914.png

What should I do?

Many Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Many others credentials that were saved...

You can remove the failing data sources in data source setting. You can replace the failing data source by the one from sharepoint and then it worked to me. 

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Hi, my data source is a One Drive folder, and this error comes, how to solve

Failed to test the connection to your data source. Please retry your credentials

Loisp
Frequent Visitor

I am also experiencing the same problem. 

I have tried all the alternative solutions found in the forum but nothing worked. I have tried to clear the credentials and try again, update the Power BI to the latest version, clear cache, and also go to options-> security -> authentication browser -> use my default browser.

I would be glad if anyone have sorted this problem and can assist me.

Thanks in advance.

Many others credentials that were saved...

You can remove the failing data sources in data source setting. You can replace the failing data source by the one from sharepoint and then it worked to me. 

Loisp
Frequent Visitor

Hello enath,

I tried already to clear the credentials but it didn't work. 

Similarly with me, my colleagues cannot also import data from SharePoint so I believe that this is a general problem.

I also tried to do a new report from scratsh where I connect the power BI via sharepoint list. On the new and clean report it did worked. You need the url from the data in sharepoint and to put it as a parameter of the quierry 

enath_0-1660135949499.png

jcalheir
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

First make sure the user you are authenticating has a valid credential to the specific Sharepoint Location.

Then try to edit credentials in Power Query then publish to PBI Service:

In PowerQuery chose "Data Source Settings", select your Source, click in "Edit Permissions" and provide a valid one.

jcalheir_0-1659956218744.png

Kind regards,
José
Please mark this answer as the solution if it resolves your issue.
Appreciate your kudos! 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello ,

I am facing the same issue but I am not able to get the data refresh. My data is saved on Teams(Sharepoint) and connected with pbix file. When I published it and clicked refresh it gave me the same error.I did edit teh connections but nothing works. Please advice. I have attached screenshot of error.

Iva_0-1666516078867.pngIva_1-1666516133671.png

Thank You

Thanks a lot, I had to completly remove the other data source in order to make it work.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.