Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

zicarelli

Export a report to PDF but not able to interaction between visuals?

Hi everyone,

I am trying to share a report with someone who does not have Power Bi (services or desktop). I have printed a PDF version of it but when I do that it does not keep the interaction between visuals (Ex.: a map and a table of locations)? Is there any other way I can share this report and keep it visually interactive for the viwer/receiver?

Would them be able to see the report if they sign up for the free version of Power BI service?

Many thanks and Happy Easter!

🙂

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Migasuke
Super User
Super User

Hi @zicarelli ,

export to PDF will never be interactive so you can skip this option.
Best way is to share report with people who own PBI license. Even if they sig up for free trial they will be able to see shared reports.

In case you don't have confidential data, you can also share report with an open link - basically anyone who has the link can see and interact with the report. Of course this is a risk in case you have sensitive data.
https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/collaborate-share/service-publish-to-web

If my answer was helpful please give me a Kudos or even accept as a Solution.

Let's connect on LinkedIn!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Migasuke
Super User
Super User

Hi @zicarelli ,

export to PDF will never be interactive so you can skip this option.
Best way is to share report with people who own PBI license. Even if they sig up for free trial they will be able to see shared reports.

In case you don't have confidential data, you can also share report with an open link - basically anyone who has the link can see and interact with the report. Of course this is a risk in case you have sensitive data.
https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/collaborate-share/service-publish-to-web

If my answer was helpful please give me a Kudos or even accept as a Solution.

Let's connect on LinkedIn!

Thanks, mate. Much appreciated!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.