Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

CupidC
Helper II
Helper II

Expanding the Layout of the "New Slicer" Beyond 10 Columns

Hello Power BI Community,

I'm currently working with the "New Slicer" in Power BI and I've encountered a limitation that I'm hoping to get some guidance on.

Is there a method to expand the layout of the "New Slicer" to accommodate more than 10 columns? I have ample space available but seem unable to increase the column count beyond 10. Any insights or suggestions on how to address this would be greatly appreciated.

CupidC_0-1701833081396.png

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
CoreyP
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

CoreyP_0-1701836150712.png

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/new-slicer-button-public-preview/#:~:text=New%20card%20visu....

It looks like you can't. You can simply turn on overflow options. I think this is a serious oversight and we should submit some feedback to MS to update/fix. I could maybe understand why they did this, maybe. But I definitely don't like it. @Microsoft , if you really, really, must implement a maximum number of rows/columns, couldn't we have at least made it 12? ( because of months ) Preferably, we could have the ability to set a number of rows and columns, or "max" which would then default the overflow direction. 

View solution in original post

v-junyant-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @CupidC ,

Sorry, New Slicer is currently limited to a maximum of 10 columns. you can send your feedback to the officials at this link, and hopefully in the future New Slicer will be able to deliver the features you need:
Home (microsoft.com)
Also if your slicer is full of numbers, you can try parameter, which supports filtering by typing in the search box:

vjunyantmsft_0-1701997928937.pngvjunyantmsft_1-1701997942162.png

Best Regards,
Dino Tao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
IanOliveira
Frequent Visitor

Just use the old slicer - the new slicer still have a long way to go. It fail holding a single selection accross pages as well.

v-junyant-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @CupidC ,

Sorry, New Slicer is currently limited to a maximum of 10 columns. you can send your feedback to the officials at this link, and hopefully in the future New Slicer will be able to deliver the features you need:
Home (microsoft.com)
Also if your slicer is full of numbers, you can try parameter, which supports filtering by typing in the search box:

vjunyantmsft_0-1701997928937.pngvjunyantmsft_1-1701997942162.png

Best Regards,
Dino Tao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

CoreyP
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

CoreyP_0-1701836150712.png

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/new-slicer-button-public-preview/#:~:text=New%20card%20visu....

It looks like you can't. You can simply turn on overflow options. I think this is a serious oversight and we should submit some feedback to MS to update/fix. I could maybe understand why they did this, maybe. But I definitely don't like it. @Microsoft , if you really, really, must implement a maximum number of rows/columns, couldn't we have at least made it 12? ( because of months ) Preferably, we could have the ability to set a number of rows and columns, or "max" which would then default the overflow direction. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.