Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find everything you need to get certified on Fabric—skills challenges, live sessions, exam prep, role guidance, and more. Get started

quickbi
Helper I
Helper I

Error uploading table from data base

Hi,

I am having a problem that I don't know how to solve. It turns out that I uploaded a table from my database. One field was incorrect, I corrected it in the database, but it still appears in Power Query. I delete it from the data model, upload it again, in the preview it appears correctly, but when I load it, it returns the same error as before, as if it were cached in memory and does not upload the new one. I refresh all the views and nothing, the same error.
Any idea what might be happening to me?
Thank you very much

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-huijiey-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @quickbi ,

Thanks for the reply from lbendlin .

Please try:

Go to the Power Query editor, right-click on the query, and select the Refresh option.

This forces Power Query to pull the latest data from the data source. Make sure to then click Close and Apply to apply the changes to your model.

Here's a case with a similar problem that may help you:

PowerBI Desktop not refreshing data when SQL view is changed - Stack Overflow

If you have any other questions please feel free to contact me.

Best Regards,
Yang
Community Support Team

If there is any post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution  to help the other members find it more quickly.
If I misunderstand your needs or you still have problems on it, please feel free to let us know. Thanks a lot!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-huijiey-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @quickbi ,

Did my answer help you solve your problem?

If my answer helped you, please mark my answer as a solution. This will be of great help to other users who have similar problems as you.

Best Regards,
Yang
Community Support Team

If there is any post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution  to help the other members find it more quickly.
If I misunderstand your needs or you still have problems on it, please feel free to let us know. Thanks a lot!

v-huijiey-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @quickbi ,

Thanks for the reply from lbendlin .

Please try:

Go to the Power Query editor, right-click on the query, and select the Refresh option.

This forces Power Query to pull the latest data from the data source. Make sure to then click Close and Apply to apply the changes to your model.

Here's a case with a similar problem that may help you:

PowerBI Desktop not refreshing data when SQL view is changed - Stack Overflow

Best Regards,
Yang
Community Support Team

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Can you reproduce the error when you use a fresh Power BI file?

Helpful resources

Announcements
July 2024 Power BI Update

Power BI Monthly Update - July 2024

Check out the July 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

July Newsletter

Fabric Community Update - July 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors