Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

JennetK
Frequent Visitor

Error message = The column 'Day' of the table wasn't found

Hi

When I refresh my table I get this error message 'The column 'Day'of the table wasn't found.  Day, is just from the Date Hierarchy.  

How can I get around this please?  Jennet

JennetK_0-1685663661052.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
JennetK
Frequent Visitor

Thank You.  I ended up removing the whole thing and starting again and the date hierarcy came right.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
JennetK
Frequent Visitor

Thank You.  I ended up removing the whole thing and starting again and the date hierarcy came right.

AjithPrasath
Resolver II
Resolver II

@JennetK ,

If you encounter an error message stating that the column 'Day' of the table wasn't found when refreshing your table in Power BI, it may be due to the presence of a Date Hierarchy in your data model. Here are a few steps you can try to resolve the issue:

1. Check the Date Hierarchy settings: Ensure that the Date Hierarchy is properly configured and includes the 'Day' level. To verify this, go to the "Fields" pane, locate the date column used for the hierarchy, right-click on it, and select "Date Hierarchy Settings." Make sure the 'Day' level is included.

2. Disable the Date Hierarchy: If the Date Hierarchy is causing the issue and you don't specifically need it for your analysis, you can disable it. Right-click on the date column in the "Fields" pane, hover over the "Hierarchy" option, and uncheck the "Auto Date/Time" option. This will disable the Date Hierarchy.

3. Remove and re-add the date column: If the above steps don't resolve the issue, you can try removing the date column from the visual or table causing the error, refresh the data, and then re-add the date column.

4. Check column references in your formulas: If you have any calculated columns or measures that reference the 'Day' column, ensure that the references are correctly pointing to the column name. Update the references if necessary.

5. Clear the Power BI cache: Sometimes, refreshing the cache can resolve unexpected errors. To clear the cache, go to the "File" menu, select "Options and settings," then choose "Options." Under the "Data Load" category, click on "Clear cache" to remove the cached data.

6. Restart Power BI: If none of the above solutions work, try restarting Power BI entirely. Close the application, reopen it, and then attempt to refresh your table again.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.