Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

namangarg55
Frequent Visitor

Error in refresh in desktop version

I am trying to refresh my power bi report around 650mb of file. But only this time I am getting error for measures that were initially had errors. Also I am getting errors for tables with some error columns which I dont use in report which were initially not promtpty an error. Also everytime I am getting an error for this report but a few days ago the same report refreshed successfully. Also the same report is refreshing well on service. I am using the Feb 2024 version. Plz help. I have cleared my c drive to 40 gb. 

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
Alex87
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Hello. Check the error messages as the error messages can provide vital clues. Share them with us on the forum, it would provide us more information.

You mention that  measures which previously had errors are causing problems. Delete them or revise them

In which concerns unsused columns, it is good practice to keep only what you need. Don't need them? Don't keep them.

Try to refresh individual tables to isolate the issue. It might come from the data source credential as well.

If non works, reinstall Power Bi latest version.

Cheers.

View solution in original post

Updating the version helped.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Alex87
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Hello. Check the error messages as the error messages can provide vital clues. Share them with us on the forum, it would provide us more information.

You mention that  measures which previously had errors are causing problems. Delete them or revise them

In which concerns unsused columns, it is good practice to keep only what you need. Don't need them? Don't keep them.

Try to refresh individual tables to isolate the issue. It might come from the data source credential as well.

If non works, reinstall Power Bi latest version.

Cheers.

Updating the version helped.

@namangarg55 , I think it is fair to mark my reply as the solution, not your latest post that follows a step I recommended. Thank you!

A few days ago when I am trying to refresh my report in desktop with errors in some measures it was refreshing with no issue as measures do not have any conenction in the data model. Also their were some table column errors which were their a few days ago is refreshing as it doesn't have any use in the report. But now only it is reflecting different errors every time when I am refreshing the report. Plz suggest. Also I will try to uninstall this version and will try to update the version and will update you. 

Hi,

Thanks for the solution @Alex87 provided, and i want offer some more information for user to provided.

hello @namangarg55 ,  based on your description, you may need to check that if your column name or the column structure has changed because it will affect the data in power BI desktop, if the data column name or data type is not same as the data in Power BI desktop, it will refresh fail.you can check it in data source.

Best Regards!

Yolo Zhu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.