Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

answeriver
Helper IV
Helper IV

Error cannot convert value of type text to type true false

hello all,

Can yo please explain logic of error.

Measure is:

= CALCULATE(DISTINCTCOUNT(REPORT_IMS[SALEPOINT CODE]))/CALCULATE(DISTINCTCOUNT(REPORT_IMS[SALEPOINT CODE]),ALLEXCEPT(REPORT_IMS,'REPORT_IMS'[CITY],REPORT_IMS[REGION (groups)],REPORT_IMS[VISIT MONTH]),REPORT_IMS[VISIT YEAR],'Attributes','Attributes'[type contract])

So i have two table/ Relationship between its salepoint code. First table report ims it's sales and second table is Attributes. My measure need to calculate distribution of some product from all universe (reports IMS), from one of type contract and other. But when i add in the measure 'Attributes','Attributes'[type contract] i see the erorr 
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Pragati11
Super User
Super User

HI @answeriver ,

• First thing is try to use DIVIDE dax function to do your calculation.
  • Break-down your measure to variables
  • I think the sytax error is on your ALLEXCEPT function. You have closed the bracket for this function too early.

Your syntax error is somehwere in this part of DAX:

ALLEXCEPT(
                   REPORT_IMS'REPORT_IMS'[CITY]REPORT_IMS[REGION (groups)]REPORT_IMS[VISIT MONTH]
                 ), // you have closed the ALLEXCEPT clause here

REPORT_IMS[VISIT YEAR],'Attributes','Attributes'[type contract] // this is the line with error I guess

Question for you: What you are trying to achieve here with the line of code above?

You will have to correct your DAX something like this:

= CALCULATE(
            DISTINCTCOUNT(REPORT_IMS[SALEPOINT CODE])
           )
/
CALCULATE(
          DISTINCTCOUNT(REPORT_IMS[SALEPOINT CODE]), 
          ALLEXCEPT( 
                    REPORT_IMS, 'REPORT_IMS'[CITY], REPORT_IMS[REGION (groups)], 
                    REPORT_IMS[VISIT MONTH], REPORT_IMS[VISIT YEAR]
                   ), 
         ALLEXCEPT(
                   'Attributes','Attributes'[type contract]
                  )
        )

Check if the above DAX works. Make sure to write your DAX as clean as possible - specially the closing and opening brackets.

Best Regards,

Pragati Jain

MVP logo

LinkedIn | Twitter | Blog YouTube 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! This will help others on the forum!

Appreciate your Kudos!!

Proud to be a Super User!!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
answeriver
Helper IV
Helper IV

@Pragati11  can you help me in this?

HI @answeriver ,

Please create a new thread for this if this is something different to the syntax error issue that you raised.

Best Regards,

Pragati Jain

MVP logo

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! This will help others on the forum!

Appreciate your Kudos!!

Pragati11
Super User
Super User

HI @answeriver ,

• First thing is try to use DIVIDE dax function to do your calculation.
  • Break-down your measure to variables
  • I think the sytax error is on your ALLEXCEPT function. You have closed the bracket for this function too early.

Your syntax error is somehwere in this part of DAX:

ALLEXCEPT(
                   REPORT_IMS'REPORT_IMS'[CITY]REPORT_IMS[REGION (groups)]REPORT_IMS[VISIT MONTH]
                 ), // you have closed the ALLEXCEPT clause here

REPORT_IMS[VISIT YEAR],'Attributes','Attributes'[type contract] // this is the line with error I guess

Question for you: What you are trying to achieve here with the line of code above?

You will have to correct your DAX something like this:

= CALCULATE(
            DISTINCTCOUNT(REPORT_IMS[SALEPOINT CODE])
           )
/
CALCULATE(
          DISTINCTCOUNT(REPORT_IMS[SALEPOINT CODE]), 
          ALLEXCEPT( 
                    REPORT_IMS, 'REPORT_IMS'[CITY], REPORT_IMS[REGION (groups)], 
                    REPORT_IMS[VISIT MONTH], REPORT_IMS[VISIT YEAR]
                   ), 
         ALLEXCEPT(
                   'Attributes','Attributes'[type contract]
                  )
        )

Check if the above DAX works. Make sure to write your DAX as clean as possible - specially the closing and opening brackets.

Best Regards,

Pragati Jain

MVP logo

Appreciate your Kudos!!

Thank you Pragati11.

My fault with ). Actualy i need to count count of salepoint code devide on total salepoint cod with filters ALLEXCEPT. Measure from you is working without errors, but filter "type contract" whatever don't showing needs results.

Measure 5 = CALCULATE(DISTINCTCOUNT(REPORT_IMS[SALEPOINT CODE]))/CALCULATE(DISTINCTCOUNT(REPORT_IMS[SALEPOINT CODE]),ALLEXCEPT(REPORT_IMS,'REPORT_IMS'[CITY],REPORT_IMS[REGION (groups)],REPORT_IMS[VISIT MONTH],REPORT_IMS[VISIT YEAR],REPORT_IMS[UNIVERSE]),ALLEXCEPT(Attributes,Attributes[Type of Contract]))
Measure 7 = CALCULATE(DISTINCTCOUNT(REPORT_IMS[SALEPOINT CODE]))
Measure 8 = CALCULATE(DISTINCTCOUNT(REPORT_IMS[SALEPOINT CODE]),ALLEXCEPT(REPORT_IMS,'REPORT_IMS'[CITY],REPORT_IMS[REGION (groups)],REPORT_IMS[VISIT MONTH],REPORT_IMS[VISIT YEAR],REPORT_IMS[UNIVERSE]),ALLEXCEPT(Attributes,Attributes[Type of Contract]))Capture1.JPG

Capture.JPG

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.