Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The ultimate Microsoft Fabric, Power BI, Azure AI & SQL learning event! Join us in Las Vegas from March 26-28, 2024. Use code MSCUST for a $100 discount. Register Now

Mystery
Helper I
Helper I

Error Encountere while using DATEADD function

HI,

I am creating a calculated column using the DAX expression  DATEADD(bi_date[Date],-1,YEAR).

For a date key value =  07/01/1999 I see a blank in the calculated column,while for a date 07/01/2000 I get the desired o/p in the calculated column.

What could be the issue?

Regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Mystery,

Does that make sense? If so, kindly mark my answer as the solution to close the case please. Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Frank

Community Support Team _ Frank
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-frfei-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Mystery,

How did you create your date table? As @themistoklis said,  Here you should create a date table to make all the necessary dates included in such as.

date = CALENDAR(date(1998,01,01),today())

Regards,

Frank

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.

Hi @Mystery,

Does that make sense? If so, kindly mark my answer as the solution to close the case please. Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Frank

themistoklis
Community Champion
Community Champion

@Mystery

If in your dataset there are no data for Jan 1998 then the value will be shown as blank for 07/01/1999

For Jan 2000 you see the data because in your dataset you also have data for Jan 1999.

I hope it makes sense

Helpful resources

Announcements
Fabric Community Conference

Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join us at our first-ever Microsoft Fabric Community Conference, March 26-28, 2024 in Las Vegas with 100+ sessions by community experts and Microsoft engineering.

February 2024 Update Carousel

Power BI Monthly Update - February 2024

Check out the February 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Fabric Career Hub

Microsoft Fabric Career Hub

Explore career paths and learn resources in Fabric.

Fabric Partner Community

Microsoft Fabric Partner Community

Engage with the Fabric engineering team, hear of product updates, business opportunities, and resources in the Fabric Partner Community.

Top Solution Authors