Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Empty table visual when nothing is selected on Map Visual

Hi Experts,

I have created a map and Table visual on the same page. The requirement is if we select any location on the Map, then Table visual should have a single row display that Location and other related data. But, if nothing has been selected/clicked on the Map then this table should be empty/no row.

Please let me know how can we achieve this functionality.

Thanks and Regards.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi,

Unfortunate about the file.

But about your earlier point if i understand you correctly, first you pick a country by using the slicer. The map will be filtered but the table should remain empty, but when you pick a city on the map than the table should show all information related to that city/location.

If that's the case, my calculation i poster earlier should work.

Just use the same location column that you use in the map and use in the the calculation. Then you just need to format the slicer so it wont filter the table.

You can do this by selecting the slicer/filter and then click on format in the toolbar -> edit interaction and choose none on the table. 

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Gordonlilj
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi,

It would be great if you could post some sample data because the solutions can be very different depending on your data but you could try and create this measure

Filter = IF(CALCULATE(DISTINCTCOUNT(Filtercolumn),ALLSELECTED(filtercolumn))=1,1,2)

Just change filtercolumn to your own and then place it in the table visual and set the filter condition to is 1.

But as i said in this case it could be useful to post some sample data in order to give a accurate solution

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Gordonlilj 

Many thanks for your reply. 

Unfortunately did not work for me. Maybe the below diagram will make sense to you.

Help.png

Here we have a filter, called Country, when selected, Map will show all the locations in that country, but table visual will remain empty. But when we click on any city/location in the Map, Table will show an entry or data related to that location. If there is no location selected/clicked on the map, Table visual will be empty.

Please let me know if we can achieve this functionality.

Thanks.

@Anonymous ,

Here is a similar case for your reference.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Filtering-a-Demension-Filter/m-p/601883#M286404

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi,

This should achievable but could you provide some sample data in order to give a solution that works for you

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Gordonlilj 

Thanks for looking into it. 

I am trying to share some data, but did not get the option to upload the file 😞

Hi,

Unfortunate about the file.

But about your earlier point if i understand you correctly, first you pick a country by using the slicer. The map will be filtered but the table should remain empty, but when you pick a city on the map than the table should show all information related to that city/location.

If that's the case, my calculation i poster earlier should work.

Just use the same location column that you use in the map and use in the the calculation. Then you just need to format the slicer so it wont filter the table.

You can do this by selecting the slicer/filter and then click on format in the toolbar -> edit interaction and choose none on the table. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Gordonlilj 

Many thanks for your help.

It worked!!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.