Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

bdehning
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Edit Cell values in power Query

This may be a dumb question but how do I edit cell values in a column in Power Query?  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I get it. I need to create a new Table and then enter my data and then merge that that column in to existing main table.  

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Ahmedx
Super User
Super User

Can you please share your demo input and expected output!

I get it. I need to create a new Table and then enter my data and then merge that that column in to existing main table.  

Presumably, the information on what you want to change the values to is already somewhere in the data? Otherwise, is there a way to bring it in? Then you could keep the whole thing automated instead of manually updating your merge-table every time something changes in the source data. 

Ahmedx
Super User
Super User

Screen Capture #1177.pngScreen Capture #1178.png

The problem is that I have allot of cells with the same numbers that I want to replace with different values.  Is there a place to edit row values one at a time?  

No, that's not possible and goes against the entire philosophy/mode of operation of a data transform operation. What happens if your data gets rows added later? You have to devise a process that always works.

If it's too complicated for PowerQuery you could always use a Python step, though that severely limits your publishing options.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.