Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

mws5872
Helper II
Helper II

Dynamic legend (not axis)

Hi All, I have seen a lot of stuff out there on dynamic axis ( ie. replacing total sales with total expenses or total profit using a switch true statement) 

That is not what I am focused on. What  I am trying to solve for is a process to prevent using a bunch of bookmarks and buttons to show and hide charts. I almost think of having a control table that then has a slicer that has the buttons below in as a filter which controls the legend.legendlegend

for example look at this: 

these are the buttons 

mixmix

that control the visual channel for example

channelchannel

legend example for channel! should be dynamic and allow user to use a drop down list.

this will remove the need or a minatance nightmare with bookmarking.

3 REPLIES 3
JeroenR
Helper V
Helper V

Hi @mws5872 , did you solve this in the meantime? 

jtranello
Frequent Visitor

Take a look at this blog post: https://prathy.com/2018/12/dynamic-legend-in-power-bi-visual-linechart/

It sounds like that is what you are trying to accomplish. This is the method I have used to create a slicer that my users can use in order to change which level of the hierarchy they will see when looking at a visual.

almost but not quite! it will need to handle groupings fo example we would have channel and there would be two selections. if I picked product it would be a legend for say 4 different products bu the legend itself would be using the product field or the channel field I hope that makes sense!

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.