Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Marco57
Helper III
Helper III

Dynamic DAX Table with USERELATIONSHIP

Hello,

I am creating a DAX table :

DAX Table = CALCULATETABLE(DIMENSION_PIVOTED_NOMINAL, USERELATIONSHIP(DIMENSION_PIVOTED_NOMINAL[DIM_PREF_ID], PREFORM_INPUT[PK_ID]))

I have created an inactive relationship between my above two tables : One to One and with above order, I should have table PREFORM_INPUT filtering my newly created DAX Table as I understand it being created out of DIMENSION_PIVOTED_NOMINAL

Unfortuantely that is not the case, any slicer on PREFORM_INPUT is not changing anything on DAX Table rows.

Is there any means to have kind of dynamic DAX Table? If they are static, is there any workaround to link columns from created DAX table to our data model? Maybe by adding calculated columns to this DAX Table?

Thanks in advance for the support.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Marco57 , A calculated table is not going to use any slicer filter.  Not you are taking any column from another table. So I doubt this going to make any difference in calculation

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Marco57 , A calculated table is not going to use any slicer filter.  Not you are taking any column from another table. So I doubt this going to make any difference in calculation

Thank you for your support @amitchandak 

So there is no means to create even static DAX table but still having a relationship with a real table?

Could I add a related column/measure into that DAX table so I could filter on maybe?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.