Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Dynamic Column based on Slicer input

Hi there, 

See the below pictures for context. I am currently using static columns to determine error in data. In Picture 1, you will see that I have 5%,10%, and 20% error columns which are calculated from a "% difference column". There is then an overall count which is a filter for negative data and error which should theoretically be inaccurate, so it places a 1 for every value where the % difference is >= 0. I am dividing the 5,10,20% columns by the overall count to determine the % accuracy over time, see Picture 2

I am looking to make Picture 3 a dynamic calculated column. I would like to use a slicer of 0-100, or some selected values as a variable and an input feature. While attempting to figure it out, I ran into problems using the selectedvalue command as a variable instead of the hardcoded value of 0.05,

Capture.PNG

capture2.PNGCapture1.PNGCapture3.PNG

1 REPLY 1
lc_finance
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @Anonymous ,

calculated columns cannot be dynamic based on a slicer. however, you can realize this using calculated measures

In a calculated measure, you can use SUMX to add up the 1 and 0 that you calculate in each row. I recently made a blog post on using SUMX inside a calculated measure, you can find it here:

https://finance-bi.com/power-bi-totals-incorrect/

It's a different context than yours, but it might help you.

Let me know if you need any additional help. In that case, please share your Power BI file using One Drive, Google Drive or similar tool and I can take a look.

Regards

LC

Interested in Power BI and DAX templates? Check out my blog at www.finance-bi.com

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.