Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ergocorp
Helper II
Helper II

Dynamic Coloured Shapes

Hi there, Im trying to build a mock of a report, so please ignore some of the formatting.

ergocorp_0-1666773261032.png

I have manually coloured and set the directions of those arrows, but those are for the totals. The current and previous months cards may not follow that when you use the slicer to break it down by individual.

Is there any way I can have the arrows dynamically change direction and colour depending on the difference between the numbers above and below (to the left of each arrow)?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

@ergocorp 

With IF condition you can create a measure

if( this value < that value ,UNICHAR(123456) ,Unichar(132345)) just example

all unichar values available in this link https://www.vertex42.com/ExcelTips/unicode-symbols.html

you can use a card and use Title and in the title you can add this measure

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate your Kudos!!
MY Blog || My YouTube Channel || Connect with me on Linkedin || My Latest Data Story - Ageing Analysis

Proud to be a Super User!

View solution in original post

@ergocorp  you have different coloured shapes check them! and share your Kudos and if it is your soltuion Mark this as solution!

MY Blog || My YouTube Channel || Connect with me on Linkedin || My Latest Data Story - Ageing Analysis

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
ergocorp
Helper II
Helper II

Thanks, 

You've given me a couple of questions though.

1. Conditional Measures. I think that would be a create measure, can i just google how to set that up?

2. Once i have done that, which visualisation would I use to display it?

3. I've never used unichar() is that a DAX expression?

Thanks

@ergocorp 

With IF condition you can create a measure

if( this value < that value ,UNICHAR(123456) ,Unichar(132345)) just example

all unichar values available in this link https://www.vertex42.com/ExcelTips/unicode-symbols.html

you can use a card and use Title and in the title you can add this measure

Excellent, I have that working. The next query is around colour. Can I add that in do you know?

@ergocorp  you have different coloured shapes check them! and share your Kudos and if it is your soltuion Mark this as solution!

Thanks!

VijayP
Super User
Super User

@ergocorp 

You need to create a conditional measure with different colour and then use unichar() values to create those arrows instead of manual shapes!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors