Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

USG_Phil
Advocate I
Advocate I

Dropdown Slicer Option Missing?

All,

I've just downloaded the November update.  I immediately went to use the new dropdown slicer option (great new feature!!) and don't see it available?  Clicking the 'More Options' ellipsis in the slicer object doesn't show it (and yes I've provided the object with data values).  This occurs both in an existing report and a new report.

My PowerBI Desktop version is 2.41.4581.361 64-bit (November, 2016) ... so I believe I have the correct version running.  Does this option need to be turned on somewhere?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
USG_Phil
Advocate I
Advocate I

Ah!  Found that the Header has to be ON in order for the Dropdown option to show.  🙂

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
GaryR

That solves it when your in edit mode but if your viewing in desktop or via a web link it doesn't feature. What's frustrating is that the 'Clear all selections' option remains which sits beside the 'Select the type of slicer'. Is that just a limitation of PBI?

bobsel
Helper I
Helper I

UPDATE: nevermind! it's the dropdown icon " arrow down"  I missed

I'm still not see-ing it...

Headers are on... but still no drop down option from the elipsis at the right corner

dropdowndropdown

How to remove the white space( below all applicable values) shown from the filter value? refrence the blank white space below value 6 on the below image.

/t5/image/serverpage/image-id/37359iF61C81BB947066F6/image-size/large?v=1.0&px=999

USG_Phil
Advocate I
Advocate I

Ah!  Found that the Header has to be ON in order for the Dropdown option to show.  🙂

That fixed my problem...  But how infuriating that it's hidden like that five years later!  

THANK you! I would never have found this on my own. Unbelievably stupid design, I had my header switched off, using Title instead..

Thanks buddy for this hint. I got drop down option from right hand corner list.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just to finesse the point a little:

If you turn off Header before selecting Dropdown, then you can't select Dropdown.

However, if you select Dropdown first, then you can still turn off Header.

Not a logical implementation - usability bug.

Definitely a bug; please fix! Irritating.

Hi @USG_Phil,

Glad to hear that the issue is resolved. You can accept your reply as solution, that way, other community members will easily find the solution when they get same issue.

Besides, you can get more details about new features in  the latest verison of Power BI Desktop from the following articles.
What's new in the latest Power BI Desktop update?
Power BI Desktop November Feature Summary

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.