Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

swebb
Helper II
Helper II

Drill through issues

All,

I'm trying to drill through on a bar chart to data on another page. I've enabled cross-report drill through on the Options > Settings menu, I've created the page I want to navigate to, but the visual on the other page is not filtering/drilling. When I go to Format > Edit interactions, "Apply drill down filters to" is grayed out and I can't change it. I've put the filters under the drill through tab on the other page where I have my "drill through" visual located. What am I doing wrong? 

3 REPLIES 3
VimlaKee

This worked for me when i had issues with Drill Through across the visuals on the same page . go to data/Drill, and choose entire page. drill through.JPG

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@swebb , Just check have you used any shape or image which is now above this visual? We add those border or background

It should work - Power BI Drill Through - More than one level: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hCAAvpppQmk

I'm noticing something about my data model. I have a one to one relationship between my calendar table and my fact table purely to match the dates. I was having an issue with the dates from the beginning, the month column in my fact table would not convert to a date type. Do you think that has something to do with this? I'm able to get it to drill through from my detail page to the main page but not vice versa. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.