Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Download data from PowerBI - corrupt source

I uploaded some data a few months ago into PowerBI from a massive excel spreadsheet (175k rows). The source spreadsheet is now corrupt but the data is still there in PowerBI. Is there any way I can download the data (via power query or from within PowerBI) so I don't have to try and recreate my original spreadsheet? (help!)

Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@Anonymous,

In data view of Power BI Desktop, right-click your table and select "Copy Table", then you can paste the data into Excel.
1.PNG

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@Anonymous,

In data view of Power BI Desktop, right-click your table and select "Copy Table", then you can paste the data into Excel.
1.PNG

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Aha! Thank you. I was hoping there was an easy way to do this. Much appreciated.

rocky09
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @Anonymous

1. Download the PBIX file from Power BI Service (Under DataSet)

2. Download DAX Studio (SQLBI) and install it.

3. Now, Open Downloaded PBIX File. But, don't refresh it.

4. Now, Open DAX Studio, Select Power BI File Name from the drop down (Usually, it auto picks the file name)

5. Now, use function Evaluate table name. 

6. Now, you will get data in Grid View From there, you can save the results from the menu.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors