Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

DRing
Helper V
Helper V

Do I need to union my tables? If so, how?

I have three tables (relationships below) and I need to add rows from table 1 to table 3. For example, I have records in table 1 and I need to add the column Table1.PreviousAddress to Table3.PreviousAddress. My questions are:

1. Is this solved with some type of Union? Do I write a SQL query on my source data that gives me a table with what I need?

Note:

1. Tables 1 & 3 are not directly related.

2. Tables 1 & 3 do not have all the same columns

Table Relationships

Table1.AssignmentID = Table2.AssignmentID

Table2.CodeID = Table3.CodeID

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Idrissshatila
Super User
Super User

Hello @DRing ,

as you described, there's a relation between table 1 and table 3 through table 2 so you could work with it in power bi normally.

you could also get the column into table 3 using SQL and also using  merge in Power query through getting it to from table 1 to table 2 and then from table 2 to table 3.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-au/office/merge-queries-power-query-fd157620-5470-4c0f-b132-7ca2616...

I would work with it as it is in power bi because there's a relation between these three tables.

If I answered your question, please mark my post as solution, Appreciate your Kudos 👍

Follow me on Linkedin

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate your Kudos
Follow me on LinkedIn linkedIn
Vote for my Community Mobile App Idea

Proud to be a Super User!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Idrissshatila
Super User
Super User

Hello @DRing ,

as you described, there's a relation between table 1 and table 3 through table 2 so you could work with it in power bi normally.

you could also get the column into table 3 using SQL and also using  merge in Power query through getting it to from table 1 to table 2 and then from table 2 to table 3.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-au/office/merge-queries-power-query-fd157620-5470-4c0f-b132-7ca2616...

I would work with it as it is in power bi because there's a relation between these three tables.

If I answered your question, please mark my post as solution, Appreciate your Kudos 👍

Follow me on Linkedin

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate your Kudos
Follow me on LinkedIn linkedIn
Vote for my Community Mobile App Idea

Proud to be a Super User!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.