Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Titch79
Frequent Visitor

Displaying data from multiple datasets in a Matrix

I'm trying to display data from two different datasets in one Matrix.  I understand that it's because there isn't a relationship present, but I don't seem to be able to create one successfully either.  When I did manually create a relationship, more data disappeared from the Matrix.

The data is pulled from Dynamics 365 (CRM).

I need to display the field 'Enquiry Source' from the Leads entity in a Matrix which contains Opportunity entity data.

Any help gratefully received.

1 REPLY 1
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Titch79,

To display data from two tables, we need to create a relationship between those two tables. If a common field in those two tables has n:n relationship, we can build a bridge table. See: Create and manage relationships in Power BI Desktop.

Based on my test in general matrix visual, assume table1 and table2 don't have relationship, we drag a column from table1 into matrix Rows, we can only drag another column from table2 to Values section, and this column field will be aggregated. If it's matrix preview visual, we can drag column from table2 in Rows or Values.

In your scenario, to perform data modeling, it depends on your existing tables and which you want to display. It would be better if you can share the dummy data and expected results for our analysis.

Best Regards,

Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.