Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

j0710
Frequent Visitor

Displaying Grand Total in Table Chart and Corresponding Value in Card Chart in Power BI

I am currently working on a Power BI project and encountered a challenge regarding the display of grand totals in a table chart and corresponding values in a card chart.

Objective:

1. Display a grand total in the table chart.
  2. Ensure that the card chart reflects the same value as the grand total in the table chart.
  3. Maintain consistency in values between the two visualizations, even when applying filters in the filter pane.

Current Setup:

• The table chart displays individual value
  • The card chart displays individual values but does not reflect the grand total from the table chart.
  • When applying filters in the filter pane, the values in the card chart do not match the total displayed in the table chart.

Request for Assistance: I am seeking guidance on how to achieve the desired functionality. Specifically, I need assistance in:

1. Configuring the table chart to display the grand total.
  2. Ensuring that the card chart reflects the same total as the table chart.
  3. Maintaining consistency in values between the two visualizations, even when applying filters.

Any insights, suggestions, or solutions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance for your help!

Mismatch in Grand Total and Card valueMismatch in Grand Total and Card value

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Hi @j0710 

But obvious you are applying filter to dedicated chart only. i.e Visual filter.

Uzi2019_0-1711106169948.png

if you want your card visual also display the same amount you have to apply same filter to your card visual. or better if you want you can apply same filter for complete page.

Uzi2019_1-1711106311681.png

There is difference on how you apply the filters.

I hope I answered your question!

Don't forget to give thumbs up and accept this as a solution if it helped you!!!

View solution in original post

j0710
Frequent Visitor

Hi @Uzi2019 ,

Your insights were incredibly helpful and allowed me to overcome the challenge I was facing.

Thank you for taking the time to share your expertise with the community.
Your contributions are truly valued and make a difference.

Best regards,
jackson
Let's connect linkedin : )
https://linkedin.com/in/jackson-s-652396240

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
j0710
Frequent Visitor

Dear @Uzi2019 ,

Thank you for your prompt response and for your kind words regarding my problem.

I'm glad you found the idea helpful. Your willingness to assist is greatly appreciated, and I look forward to implementing your suggestions to optimize The filter idea.

Once again, thank you for your valuable input.

Best regards,
    jackson 
LINKEDIN : https://www.linkedin.com/in/jackson-s-652396240/

Hi @j0710 
Thank you for your kind words. Happy to help you.

Don't forget to give thumbs up and accept this as a solution if it helped you!!!
Uzi2019
Super User
Super User

Hi @j0710 

Please make sure the filters your applying is also affecting the Card visual.

for better clearity take new table visual and new card visual add NOP in both visual. then apply filter .
beacuse once you take values in card visual it give summarize value whch you are getting in table visual total row value.

j0710
Frequent Visitor

I'm applying Filter in Filter Plane.

• When applying filters in the filter pane, the values in the card chart do not match the total displayed in the table chart.
    : (

Hi @j0710 

But obvious you are applying filter to dedicated chart only. i.e Visual filter.

Uzi2019_0-1711106169948.png

if you want your card visual also display the same amount you have to apply same filter to your card visual. or better if you want you can apply same filter for complete page.

Uzi2019_1-1711106311681.png

There is difference on how you apply the filters.

I hope I answered your question!

j0710
Frequent Visitor

Hi @Uzi2019 ,

Your insights were incredibly helpful and allowed me to overcome the challenge I was facing.

Thank you for taking the time to share your expertise with the community.
Your contributions are truly valued and make a difference.

Best regards,
jackson
Let's connect linkedin : )
https://linkedin.com/in/jackson-s-652396240

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.