Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

DebbieE
Community Champion
Community Champion

Display tiles dependant upon a filter

Apologies if this is in the wrong place. Im very new to Power BI. I have a report I want to recreate. In it are a number of tiles displaying one value (KPI's) They come from a table. For example

Delivery     66%

Initiative    73%

Support     33%

Sales         43% 

I want a filter at the top (A slicer?) If its set to ALL I want to see all the KPIs. But the user can also choose just 'Support' and all the other Tiles will dissapear leaving just the chosen tile. 

Is there a way of doing this in Power BI?

Any help would be really appreciated. Im used to using Reporting Services and obviously Power BI is very different. I dont know what it can and cant do. Thanks in advance

Thanks in advance

3 REPLIES 3
v-chuncz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@DebbieE,

You may try to write a measure that returns an empty string based on the selection from a slicer. Besides, take a look at Bookmarks in Power BI.

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Im having a look at Bookmarks right now. Although it seems quite flaky. I created 2 bookmarks and 2 visualisations (to test) For each bookmark I set one of the tiles as hidden. I update the bookmark. Every time I go back Ive lost the setting. Its very frustrating. imay ask another question about this one.

DebbieE
Community Champion
Community Champion

Bookmarks is now working nicely. However it would seem that there isnt a visulisation that does what i want. That is to show each row with its percentage in a table in a grid format as if they are in seperate tiles as KPI's. I have added a custom visual idea for this

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Custom-Visuals-Ideas/KPI-Grid-containing-and-data-bars-all-from-the...

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.