Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

EashwarBalaji
Resolver I
Resolver I

Display multiple values in matrix

Hi,

I have a matrix with the categories on rows (blacked out in the below image for security reasons) and the week of the year number (1..52) on the columns, with some dates in the values.

EashwarBalaji_0-1685102042961.png

But powerBI automatically restricts the values to take the earliest date in each week, and the only other options I have are latest date or simply count of dates in each week, as part of the summarization:

EashwarBalaji_1-1685102227055.png

But I want to display all the dates in the week (there 2/3 dates in each week that needs to come through as values).
Is this possible to do?

Thanks in advance!

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@EashwarBalaji , You can not do that in case of matrix visual

Max you can do that you create a measure

concatenatex(Table, Table[Date], " , ")

View solution in original post

Yes. You can either use double quotes with a carriage return in between, or just use CHAR(10) in place of ",".

Pat

Microsoft Employee

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@EashwarBalaji , You can not do that in case of matrix visual

Max you can do that you create a measure

concatenatex(Table, Table[Date], " , ")

@amitchandak Thanks for your response.

That's unfortunate that this is not possible in PowerBI. But the work around you suggested does work.
Is there a way to use a "new line" (Similar to \n) as a delimiter in PowerBI instead of ","?

Yes. You can either use double quotes with a carriage return in between, or just use CHAR(10) in place of ",".

Pat

Microsoft Employee

Thanks @ppm1 

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.