Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

nzharsh
Frequent Visitor

Display last 4 weeks data based on selected week.

As you can see here in the screenshot, I've selected a week i.e 39 and my objective is to show data for the last 4 weeks from my selected week based on a calculated measure. One thing that needs to be remembered here is data for last 4 weeks is not in the table straightaway. The data for any selected week would be calculated from a measure.

issue_powerbi.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-huizhn-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @nzharsh

Based on your description, you should create a measure to calculate the value for last 4 weeks? If it is, using measure is not able to achieve your target. Measures are based on standard aggregation functions, such as COUNT or SUM, or you can define your own formula by using DAX, which affects how you use them in a report. It only can be used as value level, rather than X or Y level. A Measure will return a value according to one row and column. It doesn’t return multiple values simultaneously.

From what I know, I try to reproduce the scenario and get expected result as follows.

First, create several columns using the formula below.

Week = CONCATENATE("WK",WEEKNUM(test1[Date]))
RANK = RANKX(test1,test1[Week],,ASC,Dense)

Then calculate the total sum based on Week column. Track the previous week’s result using LOOPUPVALUE function.

Count = CALCULATE(SUM(test1[Value]),ALLEXCEPT(test1,test1[Week]))
Last1Week = LOOKUPVALUE(test1[Count],test1[RANK],test1[RANK]-1)
Last2Week = LOOKUPVALUE(test1[Count],test1[RANK],test1[RANK]-2)
Last3Week = LOOKUPVALUE(test1[Count],test1[RANK],test1[RANK]-3)
Last4Week = LOOKUPVALUE(test1[Count],test1[RANK],test1[RANK]-4)

Finally, create a table, select the MachineID as axis, the Last1Week, Last2Week, Last3Week and Last4Week as Values level. You get the result shown in first picture. Add a slicer related with the table, it will show result for the last 4 weeks in different columns, please review the second screenshot.

1.png2.jpg

Best Regards,
Angelia

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
nzharsh
Frequent Visitor

Thanks for your guidance, Angelia.

v-huizhn-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @nzharsh

Based on your description, you should create a measure to calculate the value for last 4 weeks? If it is, using measure is not able to achieve your target. Measures are based on standard aggregation functions, such as COUNT or SUM, or you can define your own formula by using DAX, which affects how you use them in a report. It only can be used as value level, rather than X or Y level. A Measure will return a value according to one row and column. It doesn’t return multiple values simultaneously.

From what I know, I try to reproduce the scenario and get expected result as follows.

First, create several columns using the formula below.

Week = CONCATENATE("WK",WEEKNUM(test1[Date]))
RANK = RANKX(test1,test1[Week],,ASC,Dense)

Then calculate the total sum based on Week column. Track the previous week’s result using LOOPUPVALUE function.

Count = CALCULATE(SUM(test1[Value]),ALLEXCEPT(test1,test1[Week]))
Last1Week = LOOKUPVALUE(test1[Count],test1[RANK],test1[RANK]-1)
Last2Week = LOOKUPVALUE(test1[Count],test1[RANK],test1[RANK]-2)
Last3Week = LOOKUPVALUE(test1[Count],test1[RANK],test1[RANK]-3)
Last4Week = LOOKUPVALUE(test1[Count],test1[RANK],test1[RANK]-4)

Finally, create a table, select the MachineID as axis, the Last1Week, Last2Week, Last3Week and Last4Week as Values level. You get the result shown in first picture. Add a slicer related with the table, it will show result for the last 4 weeks in different columns, please review the second screenshot.

1.png2.jpg

Best Regards,
Angelia

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.