Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Display in Column Chart

I am trying to display the data in the attached table screenshot for the value "# of Passengers" in a column chart to demonstrate growth over time. (More data will be added in the future).

I plan on using a visual level filter to keep only the "# Of Passengers" values but my chart won't show any diffrence in the values. Can someone please help?

a5.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous 

Could it be the y-axis scale is so far zoomed out that it doesn't look like a difference in values? Or when you actually hover over the bars, the values are the same?

How are you sorting to only keep the "# Of passengers" values? This could be why the values shown in the column chart are the same. Is it plotting a different set of values entirely?

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous 

Could it be the y-axis scale is so far zoomed out that it doesn't look like a difference in values? Or when you actually hover over the bars, the values are the same?

How are you sorting to only keep the "# Of passengers" values? This could be why the values shown in the column chart are the same. Is it plotting a different set of values entirely?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am filtering value.airport for the row: #of Passengers, and have realized that the values are being read as strings, not as a number. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.