Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

swebb
Helper II
Helper II

Different values between card visual and table visual

I'm having an issue where I am using the same conditional column, which does some math based on values in other columns, and gives an output dollar amount. I have two visauls on one page of my report. One is a card visual and the other is table. Filtering based on the same column, I get two different amounts. I'm not sure what to do here. Unfortunately this is happening across multiple values from the same table and some other card visuals I have on the same page. Similar scenario, all conditional columns that add some values and out put a dollar amount.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-stephen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @swebb ,

For the table visual, because of the existence of other fields, it will be affected by the row context, and the data will be different.

vstephenmsft_0-1677827906273.png

For a card visual, it can only have one field, and if it's a column, it will let you choose an aggregation action, such as sum below.

vstephenmsft_1-1677828061107.png

If there's only the Value column in the table visual, and then you also select the aggregate operation for sum, then the result of the table visual is the same as the card visual at this time.

vstephenmsft_2-1677828141879.png

vstephenmsft_3-1677828370822.png

Table visual in Power BI - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Card visualizations (large number tiles) - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

If you still have doubts, it's better to provide some dummy data, along with the expected outcome.

Best Regards,

Stephen Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.           

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-stephen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @swebb ,

For the table visual, because of the existence of other fields, it will be affected by the row context, and the data will be different.

vstephenmsft_0-1677827906273.png

For a card visual, it can only have one field, and if it's a column, it will let you choose an aggregation action, such as sum below.

vstephenmsft_1-1677828061107.png

If there's only the Value column in the table visual, and then you also select the aggregate operation for sum, then the result of the table visual is the same as the card visual at this time.

vstephenmsft_2-1677828141879.png

vstephenmsft_3-1677828370822.png

Table visual in Power BI - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Card visualizations (large number tiles) - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

If you still have doubts, it's better to provide some dummy data, along with the expected outcome.

Best Regards,

Stephen Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.           

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.