Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

sashasneg3
Frequent Visitor

Different time aggregations for different measure within a table

Hello,

It seems like I've hit a wall in searching for a solution to create the following table: 

Current Month  | LY same month |   YTD   |  YTD / LYTD  % change  |

Sum (sales)

Count (clients)

measure 3

measure 4

I did achieve the result visually but am very uncomfortable with how I did it.

Challenges: 

1. For 2 columns with months I created a Table with measures in rows and I am using my Date, then I have to filter on 2 months of interest. Ideally I would want the most recent month to show, as well as the same ``most recent month`` from last year - automatically, data is refreshed monthly

2. For YTD column I had to create a new table and place it next to the first table, because I can`t find a way to have 2 months AND YTD as table columns at the same time. Ideally - it should be just a column within Table 1, not a separate column

3. Finally, as I did it - the last column are in fact KPI cards mimicking table cells as each of them is a measure itself. ( I am using time intelligence to create YTD/LYTD % change, for each of the measures in Column 1, for example: Appr Avg YoY = [Appr Avg YTD] / calculate([Appr Avg YTD], dateadd(Table[Date], -1, YEAR)) -1). Sorry I can't share the data it is sensitive. Ideally, this should be a table, not 10 little KPI cards.

So the big question is: can we show 2 separate months, YTD and YOY for MEASURES as rows? 

Are there any other workarounds or more elegant ideas you might suggest? Would appreciate any comments.

Thank you in advance,

Aleksandra

1 REPLY 1
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

Having trouble following this, please refere to:

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/How-to-Get-Your-Question-Answered-Quickly/ba-p/38490

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.