Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

johnyip
Super User
Super User

Different format setting for different row / column subtotals

I want to construct a matrix like the following in PowerBI.

johnyip_0-1673921601725.png

It requires different backgrond colors for different row subtotals for clarity. However, in the PowerBI GUI, this option is greyed out.

johnyip_1-1673921778135.png

Are there any alternative ways like DAX and conditional formatting to achieve this? Thanks a lot.

Please mark my post as the solution if this answers your question!
Appreciate your Kudos !!
3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

johnyip
Super User
Super User

@amitchandak Can this be applied to the label also? For example, from your answer, I want the words "Brand 1", "Brand 10", "Brand 11", etc to be formatted with background color also.

Appreciate your Kudos !!

View solution in original post

I don't think this can be achieved under the current version of PowerBI, after many times of my trials and no response after this long time. In case I am wrong, please correct me, and I am going to close this post by accpeting solutions.

Appreciate your Kudos !!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
johnyip
Super User
Super User

@amitchandak Can this be applied to the label also? For example, from your answer, I want the words "Brand 1", "Brand 10", "Brand 11", etc to be formatted with background color also.

Appreciate your Kudos !!

I don't think this can be achieved under the current version of PowerBI, after many times of my trials and no response after this long time. In case I am wrong, please correct me, and I am going to close this post by accpeting solutions.

Appreciate your Kudos !!
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@johnyip , You can use a color measure. Make sure you use it for value and subtotal/total using field value option in conditional formatting

amitchandak_0-1673923156148.png

How to do conditional formatting by measure and apply it on pie?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RqBb5eBf_I4&list=PLPaNVDMhUXGYo50Ajmr4SgSV9HIQLxc8L
https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/Power-BI-Conditional-formatting-the-Pie-Visual/ba-p/...
https://amitchandak.medium.com/power-bi-where-is-the-conditional-formatting-option-in-new-format-pan...

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.