Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Dunner2020
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Difference of dates in days by excluding weekends (power query)

Hi there,

I want to calculate the difference of two dates in days by excluding weekends in power query. I got a date table which has columns that tells whether the date lies on weekday and weekend.  I used the following formula for calculating the difference in days but dont know how to exclude the weekends. Any help would be really appreciated.

Duration.Days([Date1] - [Date2])

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
mahoneypat
Employee
Employee

Here is one way to do it with a custom column with this formula (Date2 is the earlier date in this case).

= List.Count(List.Select(List.Dates([Date2], Duration.TotalDays([Date1]-[Date2]) + 1, #duration(1,0,0,0)), each List.Contains({1,2,3,4,5}, Date.DayOfWeek(_))))

Pat

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Kudos are also appreciated!

To learn more about Power BI, follow me on Twitter or subscribe on YouTube.

@mahoneypa HoosierBI on YouTube

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Dunner2020,

Did mahoneypat 's suggestions help with your scenario? if that is the case, you can consider Kudo or accept his suggestions to help others who faced similar requirements.

If the above doesn't help, please share more detailed information to help us clarify your scenario to test.

How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly 

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
mahoneypat
Employee
Employee

Here is one way to do it with a custom column with this formula (Date2 is the earlier date in this case).

= List.Count(List.Select(List.Dates([Date2], Duration.TotalDays([Date1]-[Date2]) + 1, #duration(1,0,0,0)), each List.Contains({1,2,3,4,5}, Date.DayOfWeek(_))))

Pat

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Kudos are also appreciated!

To learn more about Power BI, follow me on Twitter or subscribe on YouTube.

@mahoneypa HoosierBI on YouTube

How beatiful is this code

I believe that the List.Contains({1,2,3,4,5} should actually be List.Contains({0,1,2,3,4}, otherwise this works perfectly! Thank you!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.