Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

davidr
Frequent Visitor

Dialog box text issue

Hi,

Does anyone know why PowerBI (latest version) behaves like this? For some reason it doesn't show all element fields in the dialog box? In the example below, I'm unable to apply conditional formatting because I'm unable to access the Ok button.

Restarting the desktop application doesn't work and I'd rather not go down the path of reinstallation.

unknown (1).png

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yiruan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @davidr ,

What's the version of your Power BI Desktop? According to the display setting of minimum requirements to run Power BI Desktop, at least 1440x900 or 1600x900 (16:9) is recommended. Lower resolutions such as 1024x768 or 1280x800 are not recommended, as certain controls (such as closing the startup screen) display beyond those resolutions. Please try to set computer display resolution with "1920 x 1080" just like the one in below screen shot(Settings-->System-->Display) and enable the following option (Settings > System > Display > Advanced scaling setting) and check whether popup window can dispaly normally.

resolution.JPGscalling setting.JPG

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
dpavanrao
Regular Visitor

Set you system text size to 100%. 

dpavanrao_0-1692213739802.png

This resolved the issue for me.

v-yiruan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @davidr ,

What's the version of your Power BI Desktop? According to the display setting of minimum requirements to run Power BI Desktop, at least 1440x900 or 1600x900 (16:9) is recommended. Lower resolutions such as 1024x768 or 1280x800 are not recommended, as certain controls (such as closing the startup screen) display beyond those resolutions. Please try to set computer display resolution with "1920 x 1080" just like the one in below screen shot(Settings-->System-->Display) and enable the following option (Settings > System > Display > Advanced scaling setting) and check whether popup window can dispaly normally.

resolution.JPGscalling setting.JPG

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
PhilipTreacy
Super User
Super User

Hi @davidr 

Try making your creen resolution slightly bigger to see if that makes the window draw properly.

regards

Phil

Did I answer your question? Then please mark my post as the solution.
If I helped you, click on the Thumbs Up to give Kudos.

Blog :: YouTube Channel :: Connect on Linkedin

Proud to be a Super User!

Hi Phil,

Thanks for responding. Unfortunately changing the screen resolution or text size makes no difference.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.