Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

CasperW

Dependant parameters

Hi!

Currently I'm trying to have 3 slicers, with 2 of the slicers dependant on eachother. What do I mean by this?
Let's say we have 3 parameters:
- Target revenue per month (amount of revenue generated)

- Target effort per month (amount of hours worked to generate said revenue)

- Target revenue per effort per month (amount of revenue per hour worked)

I'd like for 2 of these parameters to affect eachother where the user would input 'Target revenue per month' and 'Target effort per month' and automatically 'Target revenue per effort per month' is calculated.
But, at the same time I'd like it to be possible for a user to input 'Target revenue per month' and 'Target revenue per effort per month' and automatically 'Target effort per month' is calculated.

Essentially, I want to use these 3 parameters in my dashboard/report but have the user decide whether to put in the numbers for 'Target effort per month' OR 'Target revenue per month' whilst still showing the same visuals.

Is this possible? If yes, how would one go about achieving this?

Cheers,
Casper W.

1 REPLY 1
FreemanZ
Super User
Super User

I don't think it is possible.

Because a parameter is based calculated column. Calculated columns can't respond to visual selection(e.g. slicer).

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.