Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

CharlotteB
Helper II
Helper II

Delivering to Client (How to get my reports into their workspace - I do not want a shared workspace)

Hello, 

I want to deliver reports to a client. My client needs their own workspace so that they can manage everything. They will also need to repoint the dataset to their server/database in their environment. Is there a way to do this that is easier than giving them every file and having them publish it to their workspace (and repoint it in the pbix file)? Can I package everything into a solution? Is there any way to give them a locked-down version of the reports/data? Any help would be appreciated! 

3 REPLIES 3
v-binbinyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @CharlotteB ,

Please try use Deployment Pipelines in Power BI Service Portal, The deployment process lets you clone content from one stage in the deployment pipeline to another, typically from development to test, and from test to production.

During deployment, Power BI copies the content from the current stage, into the target one. The connections between the copied items are kept during the copy process. Power BI also applies the configured deployment rules to the updated content in the target stage. Deploying content may take a while, depending on the number of items being deployed. During this time, you can navigate to other pages in the Power BI portal, but you can't use the content in the target stage.

For more details, you can read related document: The Power BI deployment pipelines process - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Best regards,
Community Support Team_Binbin Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-binbinyu-msft Can I deploy to my clients workspace and change to their credentials? I thought deployment pipelines kept it in my powerbi workspaces (I know they clone and make a separate workspace, but I thought it was still in my environment - can I push to someone elses environment? 

Hi @CharlotteB ,

You could choose what workspace assign to the stage, but you must be an admin of the workspace. 

It can be replaced with their own credentials, but you need to make sure the credentials are valid.

Best regards,
Community Support Team_Binbin Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.