Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Mark84
Regular Visitor

Define the slicer background-color in custom theme

Hi everybody,

is it possible to define the background-color of the slicer with the json-file?

Thanks,
Mark

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@Mark84,

Based on my test, there is no specific  option to set background color for slicer in JSON file. However, after you import report theme JSON file to the PBIX file, you can apply colors of the report theme to the slicer background manually.
1.JPG

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@Mark84,

Based on my test, there is no specific  option to set background color for slicer in JSON file. However, after you import report theme JSON file to the PBIX file, you can apply colors of the report theme to the slicer background manually.
1.JPG

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

This works for me with the July 2018 release of Power BI Desktop.

"slicer": {
      "*": {
        "background": [{
            "show": true,
            "color": {
              "solid": {
                "color": "#123456"
              }
            },
            "transparency": 0
          }
        ]
      }
    },

Hi, since you guys are talking about slicers, does anyone know the code to make a Combobox/Dropdown default instead of the List?

Would love to know how to do this... searched all over and can't find a thing mentioning it. 

This is the best reference I've seen as far as a near-complete .json definition for slicers.  It is in a github repository has very good definitions for most Power BI visuals.

Works all well the only thing I couldn't figure out is how to set "Date inputs" attributes?

I'm also looking to change color of Date Inputs and Slider of the Slicer visual.

Here you will find all the answers. This repository has helped me to figure out everything.

Thanks @zapppsr , @gaccardo already mentioned it above, and it is a great resource; however there are no mentions of changing "date input" properties of a slicer.

@datamodel Here is an example of how you format date inputs:

"date": [
          {
            "background": {
                "color": "#FFFFFF"
              }
            },
            "fontFamily": "'Segoe UI Bold', wf_segoe-ui_bold, helvetica, arial, sans-serif",
            "fontColor": {
                "color": "#223645"
              }
            }
          }
        ]

"date" works just like "items" .

BTW, I guessed "date" and it worked. It's not documented anywhere.

There is also another undocumented option: "foregroundNeutralSecondary". 

foregroundNeutralSecondary.PNG 

That's a great one, and the one I've used so far to get almost everything i need. Just can't figure out how to switch from list to drop-down. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.