Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

JessicaRohrer
Frequent Visitor

DecoderCorruptedData Can't open .pbix file

I have a .pbix file that will not open. Error details are below. I was editing this file 2 days ago and am able to edit all of my other .pbix files, so the issue is not PowerBI Desktop itself. The data sources in this file are excel files and sql queries. I am able to successfully update my other .pbix files from the same data connection/sql credentials, so the data sources should not be the issue. Can anyone help me?

Feedback Type:
Frown (Error)

Timestamp:
2022-12-06T19:01:34.5033453Z

Local Time:
2022-12-06T11:01:34.5033453-08:00

Session ID:
2d3ca101-7cea-4189-8b75-f5d9f1a63d62

Release:
September 2022

Product Version:
2.109.1021.0 (22.09) (x64)

Stack Trace:
Microsoft.AnalysisServices.OperationException
at Microsoft.PowerBI.Client.Windows.Storage.FileOpenError.HandleError(IWindowService windowService, LocalizedString title)
at Microsoft.PowerBI.Client.Program.TryOpenOrCreateReport(IPowerBIWindowService windowService, IFileManager fileManager, IFileHistoryManager fileHistoryManager, CommandLine commandLine, FileType fileType, IFileInformationProtectionManager fileInformationProtectionManager, IPowerBITelemetryService telemetryService)
at Microsoft.PowerBI.Client.Program.<>c__DisplayClass4_1.<Main>b__3()
at Microsoft.PowerBI.Client.Windows.IExceptionHandlerExtensions.<>c__DisplayClass3_0.<HandleExceptionsWithNestedTasks>b__0()
at Microsoft.Mashup.Host.Document.ExceptionHandlerExtensions.HandleExceptions(IExceptionHandler exceptionHandler, Action action)

PowerBINonFatalError:
{"AppName":"PBIDesktop","AppVersion":"2.109.1021.0","ModuleName":"Microsoft.PowerBI.Client.Windows.dll","Component":"Microsoft.PowerBI.Client.Windows.Storage.FileOpenError","Error":"Microsoft.AnalysisServices.OperationException - PFE_XPRESS9_DECODER_FETCHUNCOMPRESSEDDATA_FAILED,PFE_XPRESS9_INTERNAL_ERROR_OCCURRED","MethodDef":"HandleError - PFE_XPRESS9_DECODER_FETCHUNCOMPRESSEDDATA_FAILED,PFE_XPRESS9_INTERNAL_ERROR_OCCURRED","ErrorOffset":"201"}

OS Version:
Microsoft Windows NT 10.0.18363.0 (x64 en-US)

CLR Version:
4.8 or later [Release Number = 528040]

Peak Virtual Memory:
69.6 GB

Private Memory:
238 MB

Peak Working Set:
464 MB

IE Version:

Telemetry Enabled:
True

DPI Scale:
125%

Supported Services:
Power BI

2 REPLIES 2
jonfish80
Regular Visitor

I'm running into this issue as well.  I tried doing what was suggested to fix it and that didn't help.  Anyone have any other advice?

v-jingzhang
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @JessicaRohrer 

Can you try the following things?

1. Update your Power BI Desktop to the latest version and try to open the file.  

2. Open Power BI Desktop application, sign out your account in top right corner of the app and close it. Then try to open the file. 

3. Open Power BI Desktop application, open data source settings and clear all permissions. Close the app. Then try to open the file. 

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Jing
If this post helps, please Accept it as Solution to help other members find it.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.