Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

EmaVasileva
Helper V
Helper V

Dax - Sum values by date

Hi team,

I have Date and Value columns coming from one table, and I need a new calculated column to show the total sum of the values by date.

Date&Time

Value

Needed result (SUM by date)

Result #2

01.01.2022 12:01:00 AM

01.01.2022 15:00:00 PM

02.02.2022 01:00:00 AM

02.02.2022 05:00:00 AM

02.02.2022 10:00:00 PM

03.02.2022 11:00:00 AM

03.02.2022 11:15:00 AM

I tried this Dax calculation, but it didn’t work:
Total_SUM = CALCULATE (SUM ( ‘Table1[Value]), FILTER ( ALL ('Table1), ‘Table1[Date&Time] <= MAX (' Table1[Date&Time])))

I will appreciate the help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@EmaVasileva So, make the following tweak in that measure:

Result1= CALCULATE(SUM(TableName[ValuesColumn]),ALLEXCEPT(TableName,TableName[Date_]),TableName[Task Desc]="MO"))

Don't forget to give thumbs up and accept this as a solution if it helped you!!!

Please take a quick glance at newly created dashboards : Restaurant Management Dashboard , HR Analytics Report , Hotel Management Report, Sales Analysis Report , Fortune 500 Companies Analysis , Revenue Tracking Dashboard

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
miggy46

This worked for me
Column = CALCULATE(SUM(Table1[Value]),Table1[Date&Time]).

Tahreem24
Super User
Super User

@EmaVasileva Follow the below steps to get the result.

Step 1: Create below column which only extract the Date part from your date column.

Date_  Column= LEFT(TableName[YourDateColumn],10)

Step 2: Create a DAX measure like below:
Result1 = CALCULATE(SUM(TableName[ValuesColumn]),ALLEXCEPT(TableName,TableName[Date_]))

Step 3: You'll get the result like below:
Capture.JPG

Don't forget to give thumbs up and accept this as a solution if it helped you!!!

Please take a quick glance at newly created dashboards : Restaurant Management Dashboard , HR Analytics Report , Hotel Management Report, Sales Analysis Report , Fortune 500 Companies Analysis , Revenue Tracking Dashboard

Hi @Tahreem24 ,

Thank you for your response. As I just mention, currently, I have an additional filter for my whole table (apologies for not mentioning it before). The column is Task Description - "AM", "MO", and my table is filtering to show dates and values only for Task desc. = "MO". 
By using your formula I received the sum of all values for a day (AM & MO). The filter applied to myreport page didn't affect the new Calc. column. 

Is it possible the "New column" to show the sum of values only where the Task Desc = "MO".

Thank you.

@EmaVasileva So, make the following tweak in that measure:

Result1= CALCULATE(SUM(TableName[ValuesColumn]),ALLEXCEPT(TableName,TableName[Date_]),TableName[Task Desc]="MO"))

Hi @amitchandak ,

Thank you for your response. Currently, I have an additional filter for my whole table (apologies for not mentioning it before). The column is Task Description - "AM", "MO", and my table is filtering to show dates and values only for Task desc. = "MO". 
By using your formula I received the sum of all values for a day (AM & MO). The filter applied to myreport page didn't affect the new Calc. column. 

Is it possible the "New column" to show the sum of values only where the Task Desc = "MO".

Thank you.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@EmaVasileva , New columns

new column =
var _date = datevalue([Date&Time])
return
sumx(filter(Table, datevalue([Date&Time]) = _date ), [Value])

new column =
var _date = datevalue([Date&Time])
var _max = maxx(filter(Table, datevalue([Date&Time]), [Date&Time])
return
if([Date&Time] =_max, sumx(filter(Table, datevalue([Date&Time]) = _date ), [Value]), blank())

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.