Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Jeremy19
Helper III
Helper III

Date format error with parameters

Hello all,

I want to use incremental refresh but I having a problem filtering my dates. I have an error when filtering my dates. I have created my two date parameters like this :

Jeremy19_0-1715161694886.png

and I filtered my column with these parameters without any problem :

Jeremy19_2-1715161871379.png

However, when I quit Power Query I get the error :

OLE DB or ODBC error: [DataFormat.Error] Sorry... We were unable to parse the input supplied to a Date...

Same problem if I use the Date/Time format.

Does anyone know how to resolve this error?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Alex87
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

Bonjour,

Parfois, des formats mixtes (par exemple, « MM/JJ/AAAA » et « JJ/MM/AAAA ») peuvent entraîner des erreurs d'analyse.

Vérifiez les paramètres régionaux dans vos données sources et dans Power BI Desktop pour assurer leur compatibilité. Les différences régionales peuvent provoquer des erreurs d'analyse de dates. 

Lors de la configuration de l'actualisation incrémentielle, assurez-vous d'utiliser des paramètres valides correspondant à la plage de dates prévue. Réglez vos paramètres sur Date/Time si vous souhaitez configurer l'actualisation incrémentielle.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-xinruzhu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, 

Thanks for the solution @Alex87  offered and i want to offer some more infotmation for user to refer to.

hello @Jeremy19 , you need to check that in your data, whether your date column is right, make sure that all the data in this column is date format. whether it has the error in this column,if it has the error, it means that the date format is not right. You can refer to the following link.

Solved: DataFormat.Error: We couldn't parse the input prov... - Microsoft Fabric Community

And If you need to use the incremental refresh, you need to the paramater types are both date/time. you can refer to the following link.

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/connect-data/incremental-refresh-overview#supported-data-...

Best Regards!

Yolo Zhu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Alex87
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

Bonjour,

Parfois, des formats mixtes (par exemple, « MM/JJ/AAAA » et « JJ/MM/AAAA ») peuvent entraîner des erreurs d'analyse.

Vérifiez les paramètres régionaux dans vos données sources et dans Power BI Desktop pour assurer leur compatibilité. Les différences régionales peuvent provoquer des erreurs d'analyse de dates. 

Lors de la configuration de l'actualisation incrémentielle, assurez-vous d'utiliser des paramètres valides correspondant à la plage de dates prévue. Réglez vos paramètres sur Date/Time si vous souhaitez configurer l'actualisation incrémentielle.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.