Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Regular Visitor

Date comparison of parameter in Paginated Report

Hi.  I have a simple paginated report against a dataset.  I created a query parameter against a date field in the dataset.  I set a filter on the dataset to filter the result set such that the report will bring back data where the date field in the dataset is equal to the date selected in the parameter.  The report works fine.  But when I change the dataset filter  from '=' to something like '<' or '>' , the report is always empty even though there is data for prior and later months.  I added the date field and the parameter to the report just so I can see what is being compared, and it looks fine.  The parameter shows '6/30/2022 12:00:00 AM', and the date field shows as '6/30/2022 12:00:00 AM'.  Hence, they look the same to me, but if I change the filter to anything other than '=' the result set is empty.  The parameter is defined as date/time, and the date field in the data set is defined as date.  I thought maybe I need to redefine it as date/time in the dataset, but it works for the filter set to '='.  Any ideas?  This sounds simple but frustrating.

2 REPLIES 2
Regular Visitor

@amitchandak thanks for the response and the video link.  However, is there a way to do this without having to create a PBI report to pass dates to the paginated report?  i.e, can't the paginated report itself be set up such that the user selects the date in the dropdown?  It works for me this way when the filter is set to =, but not when I change the filter from = to < or to >.  Thanks

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@139068 ,

refer if this can help

Create a date range parameter with Power BI Paginated Reports

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v79MjJZoIZg

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.